Thursday, August 9, 2012

Week 28.

This week will go down as my least favorite week of pregnancy. Seriously, all of the yuck crammed into one week. I had to go for my glucose test, where I found they recently switched it from 1 to 2 hours. I ended up throwing up after a half hour and had to have my blood drawn 3 times. The next day was my Doctor appointment where I had to get a Rogam shot{given only to people with my blood type..lucky} in the rear-end. Too many needles in one week. Anyway, im not diabetic, but I did gain like 5 lbs in two weeks, which is why I've officially taken the "weight gain/loss" question off of my survey completely. :)

While we were sitting in the waiting room of the Dr. we recieved some sad, but ecpected news. Tyler's Aunt Patty, who has been fighting cancer had passed away peacefully early that morning. Tyler and I spent the time reading the sweet facebook posts of her husband and kids and talking about her. I can say without a doubt, she was the most spiritual, kind-hearted, sweet woman I've ever met in my life.

We had an ultrasound that really ended up making all of the bad and hard things even out. It was incredible to see how much has changed since our gender check at 15 weeks. His head was measuring a week larger, just like Ryder did. He's still a boy, and looks identical to his super adorable, big bro. Every time she went over the lips and nose in 3D, we couldn't believe how much they look alike already.

Oak. 28 weeks.


How far along: 28weeks
Maternity clothes: Yes. There's a couple shirts I have my eye on at Target. I know they'll mark them down soon and I'll feel much better not paying full-price on a shirt I'll only be wearing for a couple months.
Stretch marks: I don't think so. My belly is still clear, which I'm trilled about. My legs and sides are already shot but if I can keep them off of my stomach, I'll be happy.
Sleep: Better than last week... but that's really not saying much.
Morning sickness: Only the day I had to fast 8 hours, wake up at 6:30 and drink a pound of sugar. I'm not sure if that counts as morning sickness though.
Cravings: Santa Rosa, Dr. Pepper, In n Out. Um, I'm starting to see where this 5lbs. came from.
Food aversions: Anything orange. It really sucks, last week was the first time since I did the glucose test with Ryder that I was able to drink and enjoy and orange gatorade again.
Gender prediction: Definitely a boy. He had no problem showing his stuff during the ultrasound.
Labor signs: No
Belly button in or out: Out.
What I miss: Being skinny. Wearing cute shoes.
Milestones this week: This question gets me every time. I pretty much cover everything in the other questions. But I guess the biggest one for me was hearing my Dr. say my sugar levels were great and I didn't have to do that test again. I told him I'd rather go on a diabetic diet than drink that crap again. Phew.



No comments:

Post a Comment