Saturday, August 4, 2012

Week 27

Hey! I only missed a week this time, not to shabby. My only blogging time is when Ryder is napping, but that usually means that I'm napping, too. Rough life we have. This week was a biggin' for us. We... bought/are buying a house. We picked our lot, options and all that fun stuff and now the waiting period begins. Their building time is running about 4 months, so we probably won't be in before Oakley is born, but he'll have a brand new house when he's a few weeks old. I think this case is the only one that I'm wishing to go a couple weeks over my due date, seriously crossing my fingers they'll get done early. {sometime my optimism disappoints}.

Anyway. I finally went to the Dr. I hadn't been since I was 18 weeks in Texas, then it took me a while to settle down and get in here. Everything is right on track, hearing his heartbeat is still the best sound in the world and I'm looking forward to my ultrasound next week. Not so much the glucose test that I'll likely put off until the day before my appointment. Ugh.

How far along: 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I really don't want to even admit this anymore. This question will likely be deleted by the next post. BUT, I'm still averaging a pound per week. You do the math.
Maternity clothes: Yes. This week has been a rough one in this department. I needed maternity clothes sooner with this pregnancy, which means some of the ones I bought in smaller sizes at the beginning are getting snug. It's sad enough when your regular clothes stop fitting..
Tyler's shirts are also now belly shirts. Guess my dad's closet will be raided soon.
Stretch marks: I don't have a clue.
Sleep: Is impossible. I wake up a few days a week anywhere from 2-4 hours in the middle of the night. I usually eat a bowl of cereal and dream away on Pinterest.
Morning sickness: No sir-ee
Cravings: Still carne asada burritos, oreos, brownies, lots and lots of fruit, Dr. Pepper and Friendly donuts
Food aversions: Nothing really that stands out. There's stuff that won't sound good, but nothing that makes me gag to think about or smell.
Gender prediction: Boy. I really need that ultrasound. I keep having this dream that the rude, ultrasound tech I had at my gender-check, was wrong and said the cord was a wiener. So stupid, but the upcoming ultrasound will ease my mind.
Showing yet: Yep {I could probably delete this one, too}
Labor signs: I'm not sure if it's too early for Braxton Hicks, but every once in a while I'll feel some tightening that totally remind me of what I remember as contractions and it REALLY reminds me how crappy those bad boys are.
Belly button in or out: Out. Oh my gosh, it has to be the ugliest belly button ever. She'll remain clothed at all times.
What I miss: Sleep on my California king.
Milestones this week: Realizing how good of a big brother Ryder is going to be. I feel bad with these blogs, I hadly mention him it seems. He's such a huge part of this pregnancy. He does the cutest and sweetest things that make me want 10 more just like him. Recently he's been waking up, cuddling and rubbing my belly. He always asks to kiss his brother first thing and EVERY time he's playing with cars or trucks he has to drive them across my belly for "brubers" to see.

{Seriously melts my heart.}

26 & 27 week pictures.



2 comments: