Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just let me complain a bit..

This past weekend, Tyler and I went to Coalinga, CA to a rodeo. I was pretty excited to have Friday off, so I could go (since it was a Friday-Saturday rodeo.) It took 6 hours to get there and we didn't leave until about 5:30 Thursday night. I was STARVING and SICK by Baker, we stopped at Chipotle (which is all I've craved) and.. I hated it, it made me even more sick..



I guess I can check Chipotle off my cravings list, for now..



Not to be a Debby-Downer, but really, the weekend did not get much better! The only places to eat in this terrible town were: Taco Bell, McDonalds, Carles Jr. & Burger king. I had a bad experience at Carles Jr. the past weekend, so that was out of the question. It was SO bad. I've been trying to eat super healthy, and I've been eating about once an hour. Well you can't eat fast food once an hour.. 1. you'll go broke and 2. you'll have a heart attack. So I was sick, the whole time & even more sick on the 6 hour drive home.


Boy does it feel good to be home!
I told Tyler I'm done traveling, at least until my second trimester!


Life at home hasn't gotten much better, but it definitely has been much easier to get food when needed (I figured about every 1.5 hours on the dot, or I'm sick). I keep telling myself....
"and this too, shall pass!"


On a WAY lighter note, I think I've found the travel system that I want. 5 star safety rating and awesome costumer reviews. OH and not to mention the $150 unexpected discount the website applied when I added it to the cart. It's a little, okay a lot, more expensive than the norm. "graco" or whatever brand. But is it not totally Tyler and I?! Also, My mom is paying for our travel system, but because of the price we will have to pay for a small portion of it. I think it will be the one. I feel so lame for looking, and picking things this early, but I figure if we buy things gradually the next 7 months than it won't seem so expensive in the long run [hopefully]. I also get FREE shipping, and NO sales tax ($30) if I send it to Kyle's place in UT. woohoo, who doesn't love saving $180?! Thank you, diapers.com!
I'll keep posting as I find other things I think I can't live without, and keep you updated on the little nugget!
(11.5 weeks & counting till we find out what it is!)
Thanks for letting me vent, even if you stopped reading after my first 5 minutes of complaining;)

6 comments:

  1. Oh Whitney, I'm sorry about all the sickness.. I remember it so so so well. The only things I could eat for awhile were granola bars and pickles.. haha, ridiculous. It really will start getting better pretty soon. (I think mine eased up a whole lot around 14 weeks.) so hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I'm sorry you're sick! My cousin ate 1/4 pb&J every 1/2 hr to 1 hr when she was prego with her first!!! I love diapers.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! Very cute! Sorry to hear you are sick, that is no fun! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being sick = no fun. Seriously, eat all the time. It does help a little bit. Dominic made you guys a thank you card tonight. All on his own. It's dang cute. He wants to bring you cookies too. Seriously, he totally loves you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so sick with Kira. I threw up ALL day long. My first trimester I couldnt leave my bed, let along my house bc i was always so sick. It eased up around 17 weeks but then I had the 'normal' pregnancy sickness from then on. It does get better...hopefully! Sorry about your trip. I hate when good times are waisted. Next time I will go for you. I used to rodeo...when I was like 10. haha! But I love the travel system choice. What brand is it? We too ordered from a website. Im a combi fan so thats what we got. I like how light weight they are. and how little. I had to somehow squeeze 3 carseats in my little Corolla. Whats your email so I can invite you to my blog? and This concludes my novel, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Christen, actually I'm feeling much better now!:) And thanks Cort & Rose. Mandy, I do eat all the time, and I started feeling much better last Friday woo-hoo! Janine, I'm hoping it's a sign for a girl.. haha. I didn't leave my house all last week, and although I've felt better, I haven't really felt like leaving much this week either. The travel system is Britax, I love it. But I'm still keeping my options open. My email is leopardchik90@aol.com :)

    ReplyDelete