Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Not the best of times.

Today we got some not-so good news that we knew may come, but hoped didn't; a declination letter from our loan officer... yeah, the week our house was supposed to close. 7 months after we've been "pre-approved", living with friends and family, picking out every little detail, from a huge lot for our boys to the beautiful gormet kitchen I've always wanted. We built our dream home to be able to live as a family for the first time in over a year.

Devastated couldn't even begin to explain the way we feel. And angry would probably be an understatement. There were many factors that led to this, and every single one of them was of no fault of our own. Not our credit, not our financial or work situation, nothing.

I'm having such a hard time knowing that, thanks to those who contributed to the way the market is, made it impossible for those of us, who are new to this game, those of us who did nothing wrong in this mess of a housing market, to buy a home.

We are going to keep saving (as, we've now lost a huge chunk of money), and rent for now, since that's our only option.

I figured, this would be the best way to let everyone know who know or have been asking. I've been purposely ignoring any house related questions because honestly, I didn't know the answer either. It's been down to the wire. We've lost hope and regained it by false promises countless times now.

We will get through this. I know that there is a reason that we lost the money, that we just built a house for another family to come in and buy, and although I have no idea what any of those reasons are right now.. I have faith that the Lord has bigger and better things for the Willards. I know that He can and will take this hurt away in His time, and make everything better as long as we lean on him for the answers we so desperately need.

4 comments:

  1. You are always so sweet to others and I really appreciate your kindness to me especially. Best of wishes to you and your family. I will be praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Whitney, I am so sorry!!! I can't imagine going through that. I am so very sad for you. I'm so impressed with your faith and positive attitude. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY COW! HOW? HOW CAN THEY JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DO THAT? I am just sick! Can you try it through another lender? Ugh, I hate that this has to happen to you guys! Love you tons and are praying for peace and sanity right now for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy you posted ( I check this blog quite often ), but SO SAD about the content!!!!

    I am definitely praying for you guys and I know the Lord DOES have some lesson, some maneuver, some plan as to why this happened the way it did. I admire your strength, transparency, and faith. You are setting a strong example of "enduring to the end" and "moving forward with faith" for your boys.

    I'm sorry that bad things happen to good people. You will get your reward <3

    zealouslyzika.com

    ReplyDelete