Sunday, January 22, 2012

PANcakes. Duh.

These deserved their own blog post. I feel guilty depriving the world of the deliciousness I experienced this morning.

I decided to make pancakes, which happens often, but not usually when it's just Ryder and I. I ALWAYS use an electric griddle and swore by it... Until today.

Simply because, I'm lazy and didn't want to get it down, and have to clean it for a few pancakes. So.. I just used the smallest fry pan I have.

I filled the pan to right before the edge starts to round-up, one at a time and cooked them on med. heat.

Here's what I did:
Made the desired amount of bisquick. BUT add the 'melt in your mouth pancake' ingredients. {written in small letters under the 'original recipe'} there's two options: fresh lemon juice, sugar, baking powder. OR sugar, baking powder and vanilla. I did all of the above. Why can't I have vanilla AND lemon?!

While I was making up the cakes, I sliced some strawberries thin, added a handful of raspberries mixed with some sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice, mixed them together and put in the fridge to get happy for a while.

Once they were done, I buttered those bad boys up, and poured over the, now syrupy berries.

For some reason, cooking the pancakes in the pan, made them so tall and fluffy. I don't know if it was because I was only focusing on one pancake at a time; and babying it to adulthood, and not a whole griddle full, or if today was just my lucky day... But it was heaven in my mouth. You HAVE to try them. Ready-Set-GO!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy. I am the worst pancake maker. They are always rubbery or doughy. I'll have to give your method a shot. Plus they sound waaay better with fruit on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I always use a griddle too. Much faster to mass produce them that way but this sounds like it's worth "babysitting" them one at a time in the pan. I'll have to give it a try. BTW, I love the way you write!

    ReplyDelete