Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's been a while..

Recently I've been counting my blessings.
It's so hard sometimes to be thankful, and see the bright side of things.

The past couple months, I found out I was pregnant AND found out I was losing my job. It was kind of a blessing in disguise I guess. The timing seemed to be the worst. But I was SO thrilled about my pregnancy that I really didn't have time to be sad about losing my job.

When the day came however, it was a hard day. It's only been 5 days and I miss them so much. Spending 4-5 days per week, with 2 little ones, for almost 2 years and all of the sudden spending your days alone, is harder than I thought it would be. I catch myself wondering what they're thinking or doing, or if they're doing okay in daycare.

It's really just re-instilled what I already knew. I will be a stay at home mom. I will not leave my children with strangers. I know that if it breaks my heart this much, for 2 kids who aren't even mine to be in day care, I can only imagine how it would feel if they were my own.

It's crazy how the loss of money wasn't even thought of, or a concern. I knew we would get by. I know that through faith, we will get through this.

On a much lighter note...
I am 11w 2d today. I love that I turn another week on Sundays. I don't know why, but there's something awesome about remembering while I'm sitting in church. I just love it!

We scheduled our ultrasound to find out what I'm having. It's going to be May 29th at 12:15! We're cheaters, and made a "sneek peek" appt. I knew I couldn't wait until 18 weeks after I learned I could pay to find out at 15! (I know, I'm terrible!) But.. I can't wait, I seriously have a countdown going haha. Tyler's WHOLE family thinks it's a girl, and my WHOLE family thinks it's a boy. I'm not sure why, but no one, on either side has said the opposite. We'll see. I don't have a clue (and neither does anyone else) But Tyler really, really wants a boy!

The other day I did about 10 different "gender tests" It was ridiculous. It confused me even more. Half said boy, half said girl, and one said 45%boy 55% girl. Thanks! That helped (note the sarcasm) haha. I then learned patience, kind of. I won't be taking another one of those tests. I can wait another 4 weeks!

Since I'm out a job & have no life, I thought my house would be spotless. HA! It's anything but. We got my Grandma's baby grand piano out of here.. FINALLY. Only took a year. And into her house. It's so nice having 1/4 of my family room that I never had before. But since we took it out, my house, along with myself, has been a hot mess! I'm gradually doing small things..

Today: I did the dishes, and started some laundry (Tyler ran out of socks..) and I'm thinking about dusting. Things are hard enough when you're tired, fat & pregnant, but add the blues to that, and forget it!

I know that through faith, I will get through this!

4 comments:

  1. You're too cute!! I love that your finding out early. We would have but we were saving for TWO weddings! Um...that would be YOURS and DOUGIE'S. lol. I told my mom the other day that you were having a boy as I was packing up Robert stuff. I'm keeping all the stuff that was "Robert's" and packing what our mom's got and gave me and then I was pulling out all "Robert's" cowboy stuff for you. I said, I really want her to have a girl but she's having me a boy! :) SO the cowboy stuff is ready for you!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl...you are doing great. It does get better...you coukd get like me and miss being pregnant, when its all over with. I am rooting for a girl...hair bows :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for you to find out! He or she is going to be such a cute little thing. And girl- you... fat? Puh-lease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont be so sad. I was a nanny before i had kids and it was a hard adjustment when I stopped but soon enough you'll have your own little one to worry about. and its such a better feelings being a mom to your own kid, rather than someone else's. Now that you have that empty space you need to fill it with baby stuff..yahoo! and you are not even close to being fat. GIVE ME A BREAK! come to park day today, thats what I do when im bored, and stir crazy!

    ReplyDelete